Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three of us this weekend!

Had a bit of a gallavant this weekend.

Out for dinner on Friday night at: Waterloo and City
Fab Gastro Bar within walking distance - highly recommended.

Out for dinner on Saturday night at: Kaizuka
Our fave Sushi Restaurant on the Westside

Out for dinner on Sunday night at: Whole Foods
Sitting at the bar having salad and a glass of wine - while shopping troll by with their shopping carts during their Sunday Shot -- only in La-La Land!

On Saturday and Sunday - there was three of us at dinner - me, the Ginger Prince and his new iPhone 4. For the past couple of years, I've managed to convince him that he doesn't need an iPhone - he just makes calls and sends the odd text message. He doesn't use a computer for work - so isn't really tecchie savvy - but that's all changed now. We bought a Mac a couple of years ago - and since then - he's been getting more familiar with surfing, hunting out music - we have about 16k songs, and surfing through our photo's - nearly 18k, and this year - I introduced him to Facebook - and he's now an FF -- a facebook fiend! Never a day goes by, that he doesn't check in to find out what's going on with his friends back home.

So I couldn't fight it anymore -- the time had come - and I dragged him off to the local AT&T store. Don't go to the one in the Marina - they don't sell iPhones - how mad is that? AT&T is the only service provider in the US - and one of the 3 stores in the area's doesn't have iPhones.

We were heading to Santa Monica to the Mac Store - but on the way, went past another AT&T store on Lincoln Blvd - so stopped in there instead. What a fab store! Joclyn helped the Ginger Prince get his phone. I also caved, and traded in my ancient phone in for something new and snazzy - looks like something a teenybopper would have -- but it has Blue Tooth -- my new mini has blue tooth, but my old phone didn't - so it was a good enough reason to upgrade.

I spent about 15 minutes getting to know my phone - the GP spent all weekend snuggled up with his!

On his way to work today he emailed me a photo he took of the Coliseum - so I guess he's figured out how the camera works!

No comments:

Post a Comment