Monday, November 15, 2010

DMV on a Monday morning

Tips for visiting the Culver City DMV! Don't go on a Monday Morning. I had to renew my driving license - and got there bright an early - or so I thought -- the line was already around the corner of the building.

Half an hour later I was still only half way there:

But that wasn't the end of the experience. Once inside, I was assigned a number - and had to wait another hour to get my chance of speaking to the person at the counter. I tried to work out how the numbering system worked - but couldn't figure it out. I was a G# - and they called G's for a while, and then none for 20 minutes. I was going to wait for 30 - before I started to complain -- just when I was starting to get annoyed - I noticed an electronic banner on the back wall - advertising "wait time at the Inglewood DMV 0 minutes"! Thanks for rubbing it in! The G's finally got back on track - and the lady at the counter was really nice - and there was no line to get my photo taken.

I've had the same photo on my license for 10 years - so I'm not sure how I feel about being updated! One bonus is - that although my photo will be fresh and new - my weight was kept the same!! I'll never be 105 lbs again... but each time I look at my license - I can relive those glory - skinny puppy - years!






No comments:

Post a Comment