Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Back

Determined to break the cycle of work home work home work home, I planned out a change in activities when I flew back from the UK in October. The fab thing about transatlantic flights, is you get an opportuntity to do a lot of thinking and planning.

Of course my number 1 new activity was the increase in Blog frequency, in attempt to find my "voice". I also signed up to start a JC in Feburary, to start working on my degree. And just to balance it out, I'd like to give back, and do some volunteering.

I reached out to a couple of learning institutions. An Adult Literacy School, and an Kids after school program -- both to teach English. My first option was the Kids after school program, I submitted my application, but didn't get a response. When I followed up they were most contrite, but by then I'd already reached out to the Adult Literacy contact. And I have a meeting with her in 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment