Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oldest school-kid in town!

Yesterday I applied to West LA College! My Education journey has been quite sporadic since being in LA. I've always wanted a degree, and probably about 10 years ago, I started doing a BA degree at University of Phoenix. It was an accelerated degree program - one night of school a week, followed by a specific number of Study Group hours -- I really wasn't a fan of the school or some of the students -- but I did love the learning. I especially loved the Philosophy classes. I got quite a few credit - it was so long ago, I can't recall how many. But I eventually stopped going - even though my Company were paying the $300 per credit - that's $900 per 5 week class!

A few years ago - I enrolled in SMC - Santa Monica College - I signed up for 2 classes my first semester - a Photoshop class and a Psychology class -- I loved the Photoshop - but the Psychology class was a nightmare - masses of ready - and my head hurt - so many concepts to grasp - so I dropped out.

I've kicked myself back into action - and have signed up for the Spring Semester in February 2011 -- yesterday I completed my on line application, and today I received my student ID and my acceptance email.

Tonight I logged on the student website and took the Online Orientation class -- I think I get 1 credit for doing this!

I have signed up for my English and Maths Assessment on November 30th - but I may try and do it sooner.

My registration date is on December 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment