Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Toasted Tea Cakes

My trip to England is coming to an end. It's 2 days short of a month - since I arrived in the UK for work and of course multiple trips to my Mum's. It was an early start this morning - and I'm sitting in Norwich bus station waiting for my coach to Heathrow.

I've just had a trip down memory lane with a toasted tea cake. It was as good as I remembered.

As a teenager - my school crew and I used to hang out at the local Wimpey - this was in the days of the sit down burger joint. As high school students we didn't have much money - so we used to order the cheapest thing on the menu - a toasted tea cake and a cup of tea. Nothing better on a cold afternoon - than a hot toasted bun smothered with butter.

The toasted tea cake tasted as good as I remembered - this time washed down with a Cafe Americano. Can't wait for proper coffee back in LA -- but without a toasted tea cake of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment